I. Purpose of Establishment
Busan Educational and Cultural Center for Students was founded by the Busan Metropolitan City
Office of Education on May 3, 2000 to support and encourage festive activities and art education for
elementary and secondary schooling.
II. Objectives of Management
Busan Educational and Cultural Center for Students is making its best endeavor
- to provide schooling with diverse culture and art programs and help students learn through ands-on activities.
- to encourage students to display and develop talents and aptitude by participating cultural programs.
- to hold festive and cultural events to promote healthy cultures among students.
- to support and operate workshops for teachers to help develop their professionalism.
- to operate lifelong education programs to better cultural environments in local communities.
1. Supporting Schooling with Hands-on Activities
- Vitalizing school extracurricular activities by providing efficient facilities
- Operating hands-on programs for elementary and secondary schools
2. Operating Cultural Programs for Developing Students' Talents and Aptitude
- Vacation programs for students
- Music classes such as gyageum, folk-guitar, janggo, music appreciation and handbell class
- Cultural classes such as ceramic, paper art, play class, etc
- Physical activity classes such as table-tennis, basketball, billiards, badminton and dance-sports class
- Sunday programs for families
- Music classes such as gyageum, folk-guitar, janggo, music appreciation, handbell classes, etc.
- Cultural classes such as ceramic, paper art classes, etc.
- Physical activity classes such as table-tennis, basketball, billiards, dance-sports classes, etc.
3.Holding Festive and Cultural Events to Promote Healthy Cultures among Students
- Activating festive events among schools and student clubs.
- Creating healthy environments to boost youth cultures
- Music events such as music performance contests, traditional music contests, concerts, etc.
- Fine arts events such as fine arts contests, exhibitions, etc.
- Physical activity events such as basketball games, hippop and jazz contests, etc.
- Cultural events such as dramas, movies, etc.
4. Developing Teachers' Professionalism
- Operating teachers' training courses
- Music courses such as traditional music and conducting classes
- Cultural courses such as ceramic, paper art, dance-sports and play classes
- Professional courses such as the fifth dimensional teaching method, P.E.T. , and gifted program classes
- Supporting teachers' club activities
- Music clubs such as Handbell, Chorus, Orchestra, Traditional Music Orchestra, etc.
5. Managing the Art Center for the Gifted
- Offering art programs for the gifted to develop their talents
- Encouraging gifted students to grow into professional artists.
|elementary and secondary Students
||extracurricular activities, cultural programs, festive events
||workshops, training courses, club activities
2. Opening Hours
- Business days : 09:00~18:00
※ Swimming Pool : 06:00~21:30
- Non-business days : Mondays, the day after holiday, New Year's Day, Lunar New Year holidays,
and Chuseok holidays
||performances, lectures, movies
||seminars, workshops, performances, games
|Seminar Room I, II
|Traditional Music Room
||tradtional music classes
|Folk Guitar Room
||folk guitar classes
|Ceramic Room I
|Ceramic Room II
||ceramic classes with electric spinning wheels
|Paper Art Room
||paper art classes
|Table tennis Room
||table tennis classes, games
||billiards classes, games
||retrieving and collecting information